2021 USPS® August 29th Rate Change Overview
The USPS has approved a mid-year rate increase for letter mail, postcards and flats that will go into effect on August 29, 2021. With new rates, the discount for First-Class Metered Letters (SendPro rate) increases to 5¢ for every First-Class Letter you send. USPS Shipping rates on services such as Priority Mail are not increasing in the new rates.
USPS postage rate increases:
- Retail stamps and Forever® stamps are increasing 3¢ to $0.58.
- Metered Mail letters increase 2¢ to $0.53, improving the metered letter savings to 5¢ per letter when compared to stamps.
- Flats increase $0.16 to $1.16 for 1 oz.
- Postcards increase $0.04 to $0.40.
USPS postage rates not increasing:
- Additional ounce rate for First-Class Letters and Flats would remain $0.20.
- Package pricing such as Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and First-Class Packages are not increasing in the new rate change.
First Class Mail Letter Rates – as of August 29, 2021
INCREASE PER LETTER – Jan 2021 Rates vs. Aug 2021 Rates
Save up to 14.1% on Priority Mail Commercial Rates with SendPro®
On average, the Priority Mail Express bulk postage rates offered by Commercial Base reflect a 14.1% discount off Retail prices. You can automatically access Commercial Base discounts by printing a trackable (IMpb) label using SendPro Online, or the shipping app on a SendPro C or SendPro P-series device. With SendPro you can take advantage of Commercial Base discounts regardless of your shipping volumes.