USPS® 2023 Shipping and Mailing Price Changes July 9th, 2023.
Savings for Metered letters remain at 3¢ per letter. Also, savings for Certified Mail with electronic return receipt increases to $1.35 with no volume requirements.
- 1-ounce Letters increase to $0.66
- 1-ounce Metered Letters increase to $0.63
- 1-ounce Flats increase to $1.35
- Postcards increase to $0.51
- Additional ounce rate for Letters and Flats remains $0.24
- Certified Mail fee increases to $4.35
- Total 1-ounce Certified Mail cost increases to $8.53 for Retail Return Receipt (Green Card) (metered)
- Total 1-ounce Certified Mail cost will be $7.18 for electronic Return Receipt(metered)
- Single Piece Library Mail increases to $3.72 up to 1lb
- Single Piece Media Mail increases to $3.92
|Product||Current Price||Jul 2023|
|1 oz. Letter (metered)||$0.60||$0.63|
|1 oz. Flats||$1.26||$1.35|
|Extra Services||Current Price||Jul 2023|
|Return. Receipt Retail||$3.35||$3.55|
|Return. Receipt Electronic||$2.10||$2.20|
The USPS is implementing new mailing regulations in 2024.
As of December 2024, IMI will replace the outdated IBI (Information Based Indicia) performance standard with newer, more sophisticated technology providing the Postal Service with more detailed real-time transaction data.