July 10, 2022 USPS® Price Changes
The USPS approved a rate change that will take effect July 10, 2022. The price changes affect mainly Market Dominant prices, which include First-Class Mail, USPS Marketing Mail, Periodicals, Package Services (Media Mail, Library Mail, and Bound Printed Matter), and Special Services.
The new rate changes will not affect most shipping rates that changed in January, but the special Priority Mail Cubic Pricing will now be available for anyone who uses Commercial pricing by printing the IMpb shipping label.
Pricing changes will vary by product.
In addition, the USPS is changing the way they perform the 3-digit origin to 3-digit destination zone determination. Shipping prices are not changing, however the zone might be different and that could affect the price you pay. You may notice no change, an increase or a decrease.
When is the next rate change?
We expect another holiday rate change for shipping services. No details have been released, but be sure to check back for the latest USPS news.
USPS postage rates that are changing:
- The price of a First-Class stamp increases 2¢ to $0.60. The Metered mail rate, available to SendPro postage meter and PitneyShip online postage users, increases to $0.57.
- Postage meter and online postage users will automatically save 3¢ on every First-Class letter they send vs. using stamps.
- First-class Flats and Post cards increase 4¢.
- The additional ounce rate for Letters and Flats increases to $0.24. You can reduce the weight of your mail by switching to duplex printing and/or by eliminating costly inserts in your envelopes.
- Savings on Certified Mail by using Electronic Return Receipt vs. the traditional green card increase from $1.20 per piece to $1.25 per piece.
First Class Mail Letter Rates – as of July 10, 2022
Save up to 14.1% on Priority Mail Commercial Rates with SendPro®
On average, the Priority Mail Express bulk postage rates offered by Commercial Base reflect a 14.1% discount off Retail prices. You can automatically access Commercial Base discounts by printing a trackable (IMpb) label using SendPro Online, or the shipping app on a SendPro C or SendPro P-series device. With SendPro you can take advantage of Commercial Base discounts regardless of your shipping volumes.